Thursday, April 12, 2012

"Click" [protein bars] - Little Boots

I spend a ridiculously stupid amount of time reading the crazy small writing on the back of protein bars.

I'm always floored by all the extra crap in them. Yes, I realize a lot of that is added vitamins, etc but I also realize a lot of it makes it more like a candy bar than a "nutritional" bar.

So. I. Said. Bucket.

And made my own.

And if I do say so myself . . . . they freaking rock.

A few weeks back I won a jar of this awesomeness from Heather. And to be honest by the time I'm hungry, I'm reaching for my pre-made shakes .. . ... yes, you can say it with me . . . . I am lazy.

But then I had a blond genius [no, it's NOT an oxymoron] moment last night.

Homemade Click protein bars!

Three ingredients [ok, 4 if you add the water part] people. So freaking easy! [two of three found at Costco!] ;)


5 scoops Click
1/2 cup Peanut butter [this morning I made them with this and they are crazy good]
1 3/4 cups Coach's Oats [or regular Oats or GF oats - whatever floats your boats]
1/3 cup almond milk/soy milk/regular milk or water. I used water. seriously.

stir, stir, stir


You can use a loaf pan or an 8 x 8 pan.

Then freeze for 35-40 minutes.

Cut into squares. Refrigerate.

Holy. Heaven.

***************************

In other news.

At 10AM tomorrow..............I'll be the happiest person you know.

Is it tomorrow yet?

YAY Friday!

but..................Happy Thursday!


REMEMBER to enter my New Balance Shoes GIVEAWAY!! [here]

Any big plans this weekend?

That little Boston thing? ;) Painting your bathroom? Playing with Play-dough?

15 comments:

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Holy freakin easy! Yum!!

Great now I can't wait until tomorrow ....at 10.

My weekend. Just a little 50 mile trail run. No biggie. ;-)

Emz said...

Shelly. You are sooooo awesome woman!!!!!
Rock it!

Unknown said...

MMM - good idea! Will have to try that!!

:)

Cynthia said...

Sounds yummy i need to try that!

Little league babeball game and 15 mile (hilly) run.

I'll have to come back and check why your the happiest person tomorrow at 10 :)

Caroline said...

I think I could actually make these without ruining them and killing my family...!!!

weekend: I am meeting Terzah! do you follow her? you should!

soccer game x 2
snack mom x 2
and a 10 miler Sunday!

Unknown said...

Holy YUM YUM! I want to make those. And yes, protein bars are also packed with a lot of junk. I agree!

Michelle said...

Those look so good - and without the typical protein bar junk...love it!

On the weekend - lots of kids' sports and family time and then spectating Boston!

Suzanne said...

Those sound really good. I typically stay away from "protein" bars because of all of the crap in them and I usually can't stand the texture. Might as well just eat a Snickers. Or a Baby Ruth, since I noticed they started featuring "contains 4g of protein" on the front of the wrapper! Thanks for sharing!

jymmebe said...

what is the nutritional break down on a serving of these?

Emz said...

Jymmebe. Whyyyyy thanks for asking.
It makes 16 squares.

If you use Costco PB = 147/square
If you use the better than butter it's = 80/square

*and I used water not milk*
:)

Char said...

So what happens at 10am on Friday?? Way to keep us hanging.

My plans for the weekend involve NOT working, a little running, some walking, a soccer match and lots of sleeping and reading. (usually the reading leads to the sleeping.)

Michelle @ www.movinitwithmichelle.com said...

What happens tomorrow at 10 am?
Looks delicious by the way!!!

Jill said...

You must be expecting a visitor at 10am tomorrow. Wish it were me! Someday soon, I hope.

The bars look delishy I must make. Maybe with almond butter.

xo

fancy nancy said...

Those look awesome!!! And so easy too! Today I'm headed into Boston to an Evening of Inspiring Runners with Saucony....seriously counting the hours until school is out so I can fly up there!!!

Jason said...

Making your own is awesome isn't it? I plan on making a Reese's Protein Cake tonight. Here's to hoping it comes out well.