Wednesday, December 28, 2011

[May] "Memories" - Weezer

May.


I still have a difficult time thinking about May with out getting all teared up.

May was trying, emotional, exhausting, exciting,  busy & freaking life changing.
Here's a little more information about the "event" [here].

Anddddddddddd

Part #1.
Part #2
Part #3
Part #4
Part too many
Part - OVER! [the 100.16 mile finish line]

And part-extra finish line photos and interview.
The early part of 2011 I decided I wanted to do something big but for a reason.  For a specific purpose.

My little family & I attended the Sojourner Center in the later part of 2010.

One visit.
Just. One. Visit.

And I knew I needed to do something.
While I'm sure they'd have been just as happy if I had pulled out my check book & written a big fat check......
I wanted to take a talent I'd been blessed with & use it to help them.

Enter "The 24 hour treadmill run for Sojourner".

I was just the girl on the treadmill. The real action....was happening all around me.

I'll never be able to express in words my thoughts of this day. Never. And really that's just fine for me. It's the feeling I'll keep forever.

People I need to thank [for the rest of my life]...

Pita - supported me at every point, never doubted me, found my vemma sponsor!!



Mom & my sister happy - they'd have to answer in the time they put into this. It was way longer than any "training" I did.  I'm guessing 4 x all my training hours.

Peanut - weeks & weeks of her mom being quite a failure at her "mom role".....I'm big on making her breakfast & packing her lunch...I enjoy it. I can text & run.  Talk & run. But kinda hard to make breakfast on a treadmill.


My family - seriously.  where are the words?  Most of them were there 10+ hours.  best family ever . . . . EVER.


Dawn - let's come back for Dawn in a bit.

Channel 12 - amazing. A-freaking-mazing.


Vemma - not just the product. The employees. The staff.  Incredible.

 Chris & Caroline - GET. THIS.....two people I have never actually "met". Their support.... WOW.

Like this.... [CLICK] Cannot. [to this very day] watch it without crying.
what a freaking awesome mom, woman, runner & wife.

And the emails, iTunes songs [foo!] & have you seen my freaking belt?

Yep, he sent it to me after I did my 50 mile training run on the treadmill. 

I freaking love it.

Michelle & Tom.  They found the people who loaned me the Woodway Treadmills.  Kinda hard to run a 24 hour treadmill run without a treadmill......not only did they find me the treadmills ----- they found me WOODWAY treadmills!!

Aaron - The Pita's work friend who got me into this Ultra running thing by calling me "Barbie" --- sucka!  Ran about 22ish miles with me.
Summer - who organized a massive collection [of goods] for the Sojourner Center.

Dawn - well. . . I may have been able to do it without her being there but....it would have been ugly. She doesn't like me blowing sunshine up her [anything] but....we send approximately 100 texts to each other, daily, so she kinda knows I dig her & gets the "sunshine blowing" whether she likes it or not.

And I cry when every I read this:


It is a top three "moment in my life".

No new PR could ever - EVER top this.
Not sure anything other than another child will ever top this.

It wasn't anything amazing that I did.
The event.
The turn out.
The support.
The money raised....NOW that was amazing.

 Now......when do I get to do this again?

30 comments:

Erika said...

I teared up re-reading about this!!! What an amazing accomplishment! I can't wait to follow your adventure again:)

bobbi said...

You say it wasn't anything amazing that you did...

But it totally was. All that support rallied around YOU. Don't you ever forget that. Without YOU none of the rest of it would have come to be.

You so freaking ROCK!

Unknown said...

This was incredible, thank you for the recap and sharing the pictures!

Amanda said...

It would be awesome to do this again and make it a blogger event.It. would. be. Massive. Maybe you even have a race event in the making... :)

Caroline said...

Ah man...I mean woman....you made me cry...I don't deserve all this..YOU did this. You started it, you made us pay attention and want to cheer YOU on. How could we not? Seriously..you are way too humble..you were more than just the girl on the treadmil. What a lesson of generosity you gave us all. And for me personally also to my kids who know what the pretty blond lady did... And well there is the physical part of what your did...EPIC.

You are truly one of kind my dear Arizona Friend.

thank you for what you wrote for me and for including me in this so very important post of your year.

Jill said...

Yay Freaking May!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kayla said...

It was around May when I started following your blog and since then you continue to inspire me! You are amazing! What you put together and accomplished in May was amazing! You may have been "just" the girl on the treadmill but the whole event could not have taken place without you! You rock!!!!

MCM Mama said...

You.Rock.

Do.It.Again.

If I can't fly out, I'll def be texting ALL.NIGHT.LONG.

;o)

racing dawn said...

Tears. And love.

You still amaze.

I witnessed pure awesomeness.

Still grateful.

Thank you.

Caratunk Girl said...

I totally teared up reading this. You are so FREAKING amazing. Wonderful tribute to the amazing event and the people who were a part of it.

Caratunk Girl said...

I totally teared up reading this. You are so FREAKING amazing. Wonderful tribute to the amazing event and the people who were a part of it.

Anonymous said...

Hell yeah. Greatest recap ever. You can do it again whenever you want.

Caramelized carrots with diced black olives.

Char said...

You are amazing, incredible person and athlete. We knew it before hand but what you did in May made so many more realise it.

fancy nancy said...

Seriously tear up every time I read about this! What an amazing accomplishment....and team effort!

Matty O said...

Great job recapping that experience in just ONE post ;) I can only imagine everything you went through that day to raise awareness.

You are pure awesome!

DRog said...

this was the most amazing thing ever

Im struck by all of your family and friends that were there - you really do a great job of capturing the event

im also struck by your running partner who ran 22 miles ...normally to me that seems a huge TM run here its just a little bity part:)


exccellent work for the cause

D

Christi said...

That was an amazing event and I am so happy I was able to witness it through this virtual world. You are a rock star but more than that you are a great person!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

That was such an amazing event to follow. Having only "felt" the emotion virtually I can't imagaine being able to go into that again not for the effort physically and logistically but for the emotional toll it...took? No took isn't the right word...gave seems correct. It had to have been the second mosst emotion filled day of your life. Giving so much like that. Girl you are amazing!!

Unknown said...

You know, you set out to do the unthinkable. And you did it, no questions asked (we don't expect anything less than that from you!) But then you go on to write this, somewhat putting what YOU did on the back burner to thank the people around you who wouldn't think of doing anything BUT support the amazing woman that you are. That's the cool part.

You are one of a kind EMZ... and I'm super glad that I've gotten to know you through all of this!

Karine said...

I agree with all these positive comments x 4444444444. I, too, will never forget the feelings and emotions of this day. It would seemingly be impossible to duplicate.....but it would be fun to try!!

Jason said...

Seriously incredible. Thank you for sharing Dawn's note as I can attest to what she wrote even if I only met you in person for 5 minutes.

You radiate awesome and I look forward to spending 6 minutes together and holding onto that pure awesome.

Thank you for the recap....it is something I'll never forget either.

Unknown said...

I just got chills and teared up reading this. No matter how many times I hear about this I will continue to get chills. You are truly my hero.

I don't even know you but I love ya! :)

Melissa Cunningham said...

agreeing with everyone else on here!
you are really such an amazing person,and this post just sums you up all over the place!
i sound like a broken record,but YOU are such an inspiration,and your loving,giving,humble,slightly crazy (in a good way) spirit makes you so much more than "just" that girl on the treadmill!!!

*HUGS****

TAB56 said...

Emz, you have enough positive energy to power several small countries! Thank you for sharing that with us. When I came across your 24 hour treadmill run for Sojourner I knew I HAD to follow you!

Michelle said...

Seriously incredible!! Teared up then reading about it and I tear up now! You inspire!

Molly said...

dang girl, you made me cry when I read this in May, and you did it again.

(I thought of you this morning when I did my year recap, and saw a race pic wearing my RUN EMZ shirt!)

Happy New Year! : )

Jamie said...

So freaking inspirational. I love it.

So what is the plan for '12?!

adena said...

I bawl like a baby everytime I read this. I loved the original post, LOVED the wrap even more. you.freaking.rock

xoxoxoxoxo

Lilly O'Handley said...

I am unashamedly a SUCKER for a Disney movie (trust me, this is going somewhere). This kicks the absolute crap out ANY Disney movie, its ending, or its heroine...you, my dear, are inspirational!

Anonymous said...

Stop posting on your blog so much.