Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Back to school shopping already?!

This morning Peanut reminded me.  Our annual "back to school shopping" adventure needed to make it's way on to my phone [meaning.....my calendar which is on my phone and my brain which I'm pretty sure resides in my phone 90% of the time.] 

So, of course, I immediately thought of this post from last year:
Here's a copy [so you don't have to click]:

Back to school - Welcome to the jungle.

8/9/09
So Peanut reminds me at 11am:


Peanut: weren't you supposed to take me school {clothes} shopping today?

Me: Ahh yes! Give me 10 minutes, I'll get dressed.

P: But mom you haven't showered.

Me: this is WHY I work from home.

P: but take your time - we don't have to rush.

Me: Yes, we do. Have to be at post office by 2pm.

P: Can I pick out your outfit?

Me: As long as it's not too fancy - I'm not feeling fancy today.

{I am actually leaving A LOT out!}

P: how about this .....{enter sweet jeans - like that, really ugly green shirt I haven't worn for at least a year, my Harley-Davidson belt {hello U of A college days!!} and ZEBRA 4" heels - I swear they actually can look sweet with the right outfit {just not this one}.

Me: Ummmm remember - I'm not feeling fancy.

P: because you don't have make-up on. Do your make-up I'll be back in 5 minutes.

Me: {Ugggggggggg} ok sweet cheeks.

{ 2 minutes {tops} passes}

P: I said to put on make-up

Me: Ummmm it IS on.

P: uhh ok - take your hair out of a ponytail it looks like you just woke up.

Me: {ouch} I'M KEEPING THE FRIGGIN PONYTAIL - my little angel. ;)

P: really? Do you have to?

Me: yes, have to. okay - get out - I'm getting dressed in this sweet outfit. Be out in a few.

{I open my door - she's standing right there - in the doorway}

P: Mom you are the best. You are ready to go to the mall with ME!

And this is why I wore the "freak show" outfit - she thought I was the most fabulous mom there. The other appropriate mom's there {in their mom jeans and crocs}?

Not so much. ;)
***************************************************
Wish me luck!
She's already asked for these:


Heck, at least I don't have to wear them!

[Top of Utah marathon . . . 52 days!] Yay!

25 comments:

KovasP said...

From the photos of her dressed as she wishes, these shoes seem remarkably appropriate. And, if her mom is a zebra-hell wearing Harley fan, why not?

Patrick Mahoney said...

Those overgrown Chuck Taylor's might actually make decent recovery shoes. Throw a head molded support insert in to those puppies and you are good to go.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

OMG thats was GREAT!!!

suzy, http://countdownto13.blogspot.com/ said...

OMG you wore the outfit she picked for you? Best mom ever! Enjoy your day at the mall, then ice down those feet from those fancy shoes! :)

Rae said...

Lovin' the zebra pumps! I bet you looked awesome! And that's great that you did that to make your girl happy! And proud!

ajh said...

Love this post.

Anonymous said...

Demanding little nut, isn't she...

Marlene said...

You are such a funktastic Mom! Peanut is lucky!

I can't imagine lacing those babies up, but if she gets 'em... we need pics!

Unknown said...

You are the coolest!
I actually like the chuck taylor tall shoes :)

Carrie said...

This blog was both awesome and inspiring. My little girl is only 3 1/2, but she has a "style" all her own. I think I'll take a note page from you and let her "dress" me on those days for meant for HER!

Molly said...

looks like you've got yourself a stylist. The Chucks are pretty cool though.

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

LOL I love that kid!

Aimee said...

Ha ha..that's hilarious!

Jannifer said...

haha that's funny. I've heard top of utah marathon is awesome!

Char said...

Peanut's quite exacting when it comes to your appearance isn't she?!

this free bird said...

This is freaking awesome!! I'm so glad you wore the outfit!! And ps - the kid's got style. I totally rocked a version of those back in the day. I won't say what day that was, but still....

xoxo,
Carrie

Lucas R. Tucker said...

I would love to have seen pictures of this outfit, although when I started reading I expected her to dress you in matching striped tights under cut off shorts. I am still impressed by that outfit!

Rad Runner said...

Mini Fashonista meet Lady fashonista!

Caratunk Girl said...

HA I love those chucks!! Awesome funny story. AND by the way, thank you so much for your awesome comments, they always make me smile! AND YOU inspire ME everyday!

AM! said...

confession: I'm one of those jeans/croc moms. But it's cool, it's cool! Baby steps for me. I mean, today i put on a belt and necklace. ya impressed?;-)

Jill said...

You are one cool mom!! My daughter wants to put me on "What Not to Wear".

Sarah said...

Does this mean there's a fashion show up next? :-D

Willow River Piecemakers said...

Love it! I have a 10 year old boy - not as chatty, but can be close! Great blog - came over from Tall Mom this morning.

Megan said...

Too funny. I love how kids pick out clothes based on something grown ups can't understand. My 4yr old is into layering a tank top over a T. Of course both have patterns and her skirt/short also have a pattern. Usually, she ends up looking cute. Sometimes she looks like a homeless person.

The Boring Runner said...

sooooo crazy. Chandler already stared! (my wife is subbing today!) so crazy