Friday, February 5, 2010

To MY Mom


Dear MY Mom,

Happy "xx" Birthday!

I love you. [sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much].

Been thinking about this post for weeks. 

I love the photo above.  Mostly, I love how calm you look.  I love how beautiful you look without make-up.  I love the chair [just a few years too late].  I love the [tupperware] cup I am holding.  [sorry I made you give them up to DI.]  I love that you made time for me - to sit with me.


This is a new favorite photo of mine.
I love that you were there to support me. On a "Sunday".  Believe it or not, I love it that we have the same "smile" lines by our eyes.  I love that you gave me blue eyes.
I love it when you hug me.

Here are a few ;) other thing I love/love remembering:

  • Puerto Vallarta
  • Volleyball tournaments
  • Sleeping on your floor [dad may not "love" this one so much though]
  • The morning you dropped me off for my 1st marathon in Utah
  • Scrabble games [it's your birthday so I won't say you cheat sometimes]
  • you always being my biggest cheerleader - in anything I do
  • The make-a-mix dance night in the Westover's backyard
  • Girl's camp
  • crossword puzzles
  • shaved ice as bribery to keep you awake
  • making hot [yummy] breakfasts for us 5 times a week [did you ever eat breakfast?]
  • seeing Peanut being born
  • Aerobics at church . . . with soup can weights
  • supermarket sweep with Madeline & Shauna
  • Easter dresses
  • EAT & BE MEAN - I mean LEAN
  • The BAD fish night
  • Bran muffins
  • Bleach stories
  • The year of the PUFF paint Christmas - yep the one where YOU said "damn"
  • Driving to Colorado - just you and your insanely scared daughter
  • summer library trips
  • teaching me how to work
  • Peanut adores you [more than she adores me, by far] - I guessing this is probably okay
  • That you love my hubby.  He knows it and that makes me happy.
  • That you have my back.
  • You know [A LOT of] what I could do better and you don't pester me
  • You read and even sometimes comment on my blog
  • I know you'd do anything for me
  • You put up with me during some VERY rough times in my life [I'm thinking mostly 11, 16, 18, 24 & 30]
  • You were there for me when the 30 minutes to Glendale to see my old friends seemed like 300.
I treasure our relationship Mom.  I know how blessed I am to have you as MY MOM.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Karine! Emily, you have one grat mom. Lots of great memories for me with her.

Karine said...

You have made my day! Thanks for the great memories. My Saturday's Warrior daughter continues to bless my life! Hope to be there for you whenever you need a MOM/FRIEND. XOXOXO

Lucy said...

happy birthday, sister eliason. for some reason, i remember her silky soft comforter on her bed. weird. i was so envious. emily, i cna't believe how much you {now} look like your mom {then}.

amyraye said...

i remember that silky comforter, too brooke. was it white- or pale pink?
a beautiful post, emily.
happy birthday, sister eliason.